Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Administration is Important - and People are too!

Help.

I met with one of my basketball guys the other day, and realized he really needs more attention. As a young man in his 20’s, in a dangerous, mixed up world – he needs help with education, decision making, job skills and, well, life! He’s started asking some great questions – personal things that I believe will lead to awesome conversations about what God could do in his life.

I want to spend more time with him – other than just Thursday nights. But I can’t. Instead, I’m keeping accurate records, paying bills, balancing the checkbook, keeping meticulous records of all donations and organizing the calendar. And I am excruciatingly slow at this. And I’m not good. I’m pitiful. And I need help.

I’m thanking God over and over or all the secretaries that have served along side me over the years. Doris, MeaDora, Elsa, Marilyn, Sherry, Nettie, Kimba, Becky, Alison, Sue, Linda and Christa – you all rock, and made me way better than I am. And the amazing “bean counters” – you know, the finance people: Mark, Walter, Art, Rick, Steve, Bill, Don and Clarence – how you’ve remained sane all these years, I’ll never know! My respect for you was always high, but it has grown exponentially (math word!) over these last few months.

So pray that God will bring someone along that can help with our finances and general administration. O, how effective we could be, if we were a bit more organized. And O, what a blessing it would be, if I could spend more time with “people” and less with the books. Somewhere out there, is someone who loves to do that, and who is good at it. Pray with me that that person shows up!

And pray for my basketball buddy and his questions about work, decision making, life and God. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment